Studio :: J'han is the art studio of J'han: an emerging contemporary artist and graduate student with a recognizably unique style best described as experimental and experiential, infused with expressionist, surrealist, and abstract elements. J'han most commonly creates works of art through painting, drawing, sculpture, and sculptural painting. Some of J'han's favorite mediums include oils, acrylics, inks, wood, and stone clay. Driven by her creativity, informed by her curiosity, and inspired by her experiences, art is the way in which J’han understands and experiences the world, while simultaneously allowing others to understand and experience her. For J’han, art is a way of life.
Most of J'han's work, both originals and prints, are available for sale online and can be individually found at various gallery exhibits and art shows -- commission requests and proposals are always welcome.
- Masters of Fine Arts in Studio Art - American University (2019) Washington, D.C.
Recipient of a Graduate Student Research Award: AY2017
Recipient of the Elizabeth L. Van Swinderen Award in Art: AY2017
Recipient of a Merit Scholarship: AY2017
- Bachelors of Fine Arts in Illustration - Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design (2017) Denver, CO
summa cum laude
President's Honor Roll: Spring 2017, Fall 2016, Summer 2016, Spring 2016, Fall 2015, Summer 2015, Spring 2015, Spring 2014, Fall 2013
Student Senator: AY2016, AY2015
- High School Diploma - Santa Clara High School (2001) Santa Clara, CA
- Graduate Student Research Award (AY2017) American University
- Babs van Swearingen Graduate Award (AY2017, AY2018) American University
- Merit Scholarship (AY2017) American University
- Service to the Community for Student Government (March 2016) Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design
Employment Within the Arts
- Graduate Assistant
- Art Instructor
- Professional Artist
- Independent (2012 to present)
Selected Employment Outside the Arts
- Airman First Class (A1C) of the United States Air Force (USAF)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Nationally Registered (NREMT)
- Dental Assistant (Lead, Sedation, and Pediatric)